Probate, Wills and Deceased Estate Lawyers in Norwood and Maitland
Andrew B Thiele & Co offers one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to obtain a will in the Yorke Peninsula area at our Maitland office and in metropolitan Adelaide at our Norwood office.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting a new will or updating an existing willOur wills and deceased estate lawyers in Norwood can help draft your will
- Applications for Probate (these are not always required depending on the nature of the assets so ask us)
- Assistance with claims against wills estates
- Deceased estate claims / defending deceased estates
- Estate planning administration
- Letters of Administration (in the event that a will is deemed invalid or there was no will)
- Supreme Court estate litigation
Why should I bother to make a Will?
If you die without a will (intestate) your estate will be distributed under the terms of government law. This may have unintended consequences. Just because you are married, for example, does not mean your spouse will get everything. If you have a spouse and children (whether from this marriage or a previous relationship) your spouse receives the first $100,000.00 of your estate with the balance being divided 50% to your spouse and 50% between the deceased’s children. This could cause significant hardship for your spouse. That’s just one example. There are many others.
Can’t I make my own?
Yes you can. But BEWARE the home made will or will kit. These kits often come from interstate where different rules apply. We are often called upon to fix these problems up at a cost. It is much cheaper and safer to have it prepared professionally in the first place.
We always recommend keeping your will up to date as it makes distributing your estate far easier on your beneficiaries in what is already a difficult enough time for them.
So sit down and talk about it with Mr Thiele-it’s easier than you think!